It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.1 with Jenkins build interface - why in RTC do the builds not get flagged as complete when the Jenkins build finishes?

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked May 09 '13, 9:36 a.m.
edited May 09 '13, 5:10 p.m. by Spencer Murata (2.3k115971)
I have set up the buildOnHudsonAdvanced process as documented in the RTC articles and it has been working fine. When a build completes either successfully or not I was getting the RTC build result entry marked as complete (either with red or green). Now although the builds complete the "check mark" does not get removed on the build result - why?  I noticed that it seemed to start after a change was made to the build steps (testng) that generated a great deal more output. Is there a point where the console log size gets "in the way" of completion? When this started I no longer get the console log (Hudson log) as part of the RTC build results.

Comments
Spencer Murata commented May 09 '13, 5:12 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have not heard of a situation where the size of the log interferes with the status of the build.  By not remove the check mark do you mean that the build is still running on RTC?  Does the ccm.log have any hudson related exceptions?

Millard Ellingsworth commented May 20 '13, 4:37 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Do the new steps properly complete and report their completion? Based on your description, it would seem that something about that new step has affected your results. If you back it out, do things go back to normal? 

One answer

permanent link
Scott Cowan (966310) | answered Jul 31 '13, 10:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Donald,

I'm just reviewing some forum questions with no answer.  It reads like your stated problem is,

> although the builds complete the "check mark" does not get removed on the build result - why?

Hopefully you're not hung up on this still.  ;-)  But it seems to me it was working as expected.  While a build is running without error, it displays a green check mark.  Only if an error is reported does it change, otherwise it will remain a green check mark.

Scott

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.