It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JAZZ server - additional CCM application

Yaron Norani (47267065) | asked May 08 '13, 2:41 p.m.
Hello,

I am using RTC 3.0.1.2.
Currently JTS and CCM are located on same server.
because of security reasons I would like to create additional CCM and locate it on a separate server (with separate DB).

I know that I can have 2 ccm applications registered at the same jts.

When the user log in or perform other tasks at the new ccm application, does he needs to coordinate or login directly to the JTS?

Also, can you please send me a document that points how to configure this?

Another issue: I have a project in ccm1. Is there an option to move it to ccm2 ?

Thanks,

Yaron

One answer

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered May 08 '13, 3:22 p.m.
Hi Yaron, once you install the new CCM application on the new server and deploy it to the application server using the same installation instructions as your initial install.  You won't need to run JTS setup again though.  You will need to Register the application with the JTS though. 

Right now there isn't a project move capability within RTC unfortunately.  This has been requested.  There's a good discussion in the following Post.

Comments
Yaron Norani commented May 08 '13, 3:37 p.m. | edited May 08 '13, 3:53 p.m.

Josh, thanks for the quick response.
One more thing:
The reason to create additional ccm is because of security reasons.
Will the user that will work with the new ccm will contact from his client directly to the JTS?

Thanks again.

Geoffrey Clemm commented May 26 '13, 8:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What did you have in mind by "the user contact from his client directly to the JTS"?   A user will normally work directly with applications, not directly with the JTS (the application will contact the JTS when it needs to).   If you want to interact directly through the JTS, you would do so via the web browser.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.