It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Pre-Login User Consent Page

Ron Mathews (635) | asked May 08 '13, 12:00 p.m.
Greetings,

I have to add a pre-login DoD user consent splash to the RTC web IU.  I'm not a web developer and have no idea how to do this, is there anyone that can give me some direction?  I would have to have the rtc.local/ccm address point to the user consent page and  then upon OK advance or redirect to the RTC login page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Ron Mathews

Comments
Robert Carter commented May 08 '13, 12:44 p.m. | edited May 08 '13, 12:44 p.m.

Can you provide more information?  What version of RTC are you running?  Are you deployed in Tomcat or WebSphere?  I have a couple of ideas, but I need more information.

Ron Mathews commented May 08 '13, 5:00 p.m.

Hey Robert,

I've upgraded to 3.1.5 and we're running the Tomcat version.  I won't able to go up the the "Latest & Greatest" version of RTC until I change the server OS over to a 64bit version.

2 answers

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered May 21 '13, 11:42 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You would have to create a seperate page and have an IHS re-direct to the pre-login page before they can authenticate. We don't offer this OOB.
You can however, update the default splash screen to include your user agreement/company information/logo. Technote 1578173 has more information (currently being republished).

Comments
Robert Carter commented Jun 28 '13, 3:09 p.m.

Do you have a direct link to this technote?

permanent link
Robert Carter (42928589) | answered Jun 28 '13, 3:24 p.m.
Since you are you are using tomcat you can create your consent page ans serve it from Tomcat.  Then have a redirect button on the consent page redirect the user to the real RTC Login page.  There is nothing that can prevent the user from directly navigating to the RTC login page.

Another option would be putting RTC behind a proxy server and then only allowing traffic to the RTC login page after they have click a consent button.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.