It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a RTC extension for MediaWiki

Martin Wassermann (13864144) | asked May 08 '13, 3:40 a.m.

A team in my company has used Bugzilla and MediaWiki (with the Bugzilla extension http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Bugzilla_Reports). So they were able to display queries and defect items directly in MediaWiki.

Now they want to change to RTC and the question is, if there is a similar extension between RTC and MediaWiki?

5 answers

permanent link
Frederic Mora (13811518) | answered Jun 17 '13, 7:29 p.m.
Matthias,

Which version of Firefox are you using? Our dashboards have HTML widgets pointing to systems outside of RTC and I never noticed any display problem.

Comments
Matthias Fuß commented Jun 19 '13, 3:25 a.m.

Hi Frederic,

i tested Firefox 4, 21 and 22 beta. All these versions show the same result...

permanent link
Matthias Fuß (11) | answered Jun 17 '13, 8:47 a.m.
edited Jun 17 '13, 9:24 a.m.

We implemented the html export inside a webpage. Chrome and IE works properly but Firefox shows no content if we use a local widget. The unusual thing is that it works if we implement the widget shown in the wiki (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/EmbeddableJazzWidgets).

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered May 10 '13, 8:24 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Simon,

The snippet provides a widget on the page, the widget will run a real time query that will return the results of the query that you select.  You need to cut and paste the HTML into the page only ONCE.  Try it out and you will see what I mean.  I have done this on Google pages, and have added things like open social gadgets to Jazz dashboards, Google apps, and other places.  The widget technology is fairly mature now, so I would expect that MediaWiki would probably support something like this.

Comments
Simon Eickel commented May 13 '13, 2:42 a.m.

Thanks for this explanation Daniel. We'll try it out and give you a response :)

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered May 08 '13, 9:51 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
One approach that you could try is to create a dashboard in RTC, and put the widgets that you want to see on your MediaWiki pages onto the dashboard.  Then for each widget, select the menu (small triangle pointing down), and choose Export widget.  Set the size of the exported widget, and then select next.  You are left with an HTML snippet that you can then cut and paste into your MediaWiki pages.  You can also try this as an OpenSocial gadget, by selecting menu, and then selecting Open Social gadget.

I have done this in other contexts, although I have not done this with MediaWiki.

Comments
Simon Eickel commented May 10 '13, 6:41 a.m.

Hi Daniel,

this means that content of this snipped is statically.
What this team does on MediaWiki with the bugzilla plugin is that dynamically all WorkItems where the users are working on are linked on MediaWiki.
E.g. if a release is scheduled they want to know which WorkItems are closed in this Release and which are still open - to any time until the release.
At the moment this is created dynamically - every time a WorkItem is scheduled for this release it pops up inside MediaWiki.

The same is needed with RTC - dynamically. A workaround where the user has to create and copy static html snippets is not wanted by the team :(

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered May 08 '13, 6:34 a.m.
Hi Martin,
Unfortunately I don't know anything about such extension :(

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.