It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] workitemlist Type attribute how to query/display

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked May 07 '13, 7:05 p.m.
closed May 10 '13, 12:36 a.m. by Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431)
On my quest to have a multi-select field of specific workitems to represent our data, I just recently discovered the workitemlist type. which does almost everything we need..

3 things not sure of
  1. ability to filter the list so ONLY one type can get selected
  2. ability to query workitems with a specific workitem in the list (without looking thru a LONG list) 
  3. displaying  the workitems IN the list in a query output. 

the web UI seems to satisfies 2 & 3, while the eclipse doesn't satisfy either 2 or 3 really

is there a way to do 1? or do I have to write an advisor to go thru the list to prevent saving with a wrong workitem type?

| looks like NOT on item 1.  I did develop an enhancement a while back that COULD enable the ability to have the workitem picker only select specific types as part of the custom linktype usability improvements, but that enhancement hasn't gone anywhere

seehttps://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=160162

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented May 09 '13, 7:04 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi, Sam. It appears you have answered your own question. If that's the case, may I close this?

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Poster answered his own question (thanks, Sam!)." by millarde May 10 '13, 12:36 a.m.

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 09 '13, 7:13 p.m.
sure.. I can't mark it closed