It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM - Project Access Control

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8280269) | asked May 07 '13, 1:48 p.m.
CLM 4.0.2

10 CLM projects all created with defaults. I created a user today and added that user to one of the projects as a member and assigned roles. I logged in as the user and I can see the other 9 projects listed when using the All projects listing under the home button.

Issues:

When the user selects My Projects for CCM and QM, they see only this one project. When they select My Projects for RM, they see all 10 projects. What happened?

I read:
(insert link to restricting read access from help, when help is back up)
and our selections are defaulted to Members of the project area hierarchy. What should be selected to limit this user just to the project (access AND viewing) only? Can I set this LPA wide? Or do I have to do this for each project (10 CLM -CCM/QM/RM = 30 project areas) in the Manage this Project Area piece? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered May 08 '13, 4:39 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sterling
I would like to help but there is just too much missing information that could have a bearing on what you are seeing.  I have the following questions when I read your post:
  1. 10 CLM project created with defaults - what defaults do you mean? what specific process templates or options when you created these projects? where they created using LPA? if so, what process template was applied to CCM, QM and RM project area of each CLM project
  2. The user you added - what roles did you assign to the user in the CCM, QM and RM project area context.
  3. LPA does provide a way manage the members of a Lifecycle Project. From the members page, you can add or remove members and manage the process roles assigned to a member in each artifact container. See a page similar to this URI to access the members page in your deployment:  https://clm.jkebanking.net:9443/admin/web/members
When I was trying to understand what you wanted, I looked at my own sample Money that Matters. When I was logged on as 'clmadmin', the overall admin user I used to create this sample lifecycle project, I noticed the following with the Home button:
a) I could see a list of all projects, but it was not the same as the list of My Projects.
b) for the project, TestProject', that was not listed in My Projects, I visited the project area properties Overview page. I noticed that 'clmadmin' is not a member of 'TestProject', even though it was created by clmadmin. It is only listed as the Administrator.
I then tried to find a user that was a member of only one artifact container, the RM one and the user was curtis. If I logged in as Curtis, and went to My Projects for RM, it only listed one project, the RM project.  If I then removed curtis as a member of that RM project, and went to My projects for RM, no projects were listed.

I would suggest looking at the Overview page of the project area properties of one of the project areas that you did NOT add this new user to and see what the Member listing has to say.
Sterling Ferguson-II selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented May 08 '13, 4:49 p.m.

Hello,

Thanks, it was user error. The projects that were created before had different settings in the Access Control of each LPA section.

Is there an enhancement to do all of this from the LPA level. I had to spend a good amount of time correcting each of these projects, when it would have been great to do that from the LPA level.

Rosa Naranjo commented May 09 '13, 9:35 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello
Glad to hear you are moving forward. Regarding your question on how to do it at the LPA level, did you check out what I mentioned in #3 below. It was something I discovered while investigating your issue. There is a way to manage members and their roles from the LPA. Let me know if that helps.

One other answer

permanent link
Mark Goossen (106) | answered May 08 '13, 4:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The level of repository permissions given to the user may also affect which projects are seen.  JazzAdmins have full read/write access to the repository and would see all of the project defined.  JazzUsers will only see those project which they are a member of.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.