It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to deliver stream to stream from Windows Shell client?

DH Lee (25784446) | asked May 07 '13, 3:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have attempted to search and tested, however I was not able to find method to deliver pending changes from stream to stream.

Could anyone suggest how it can be achieved?

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 08 '13, 10:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't think stream-to-stream delivery is supported in the Windows Shell client. I suggest filing an enhancement.

Comments
DH Lee commented May 17 '13, 3:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thank you Tim, I will proceed with raising Enhancement request.

DH Lee commented May 19 '13, 11:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thank you tim,

My users are using version of Eclipse which aren't supported by RTC 4.0.1 (Mostly Eclipse 3.3 or 3.4). As workaround they plan to use Windows Shell client. Due to their responsibility as developer, it is essential to deliver sources from stream to stream.

Apart from RFE which usually takes long time, If above function is not possible for Windows Shell and users are not able to upgrade their Eclipse version, is there any way to bypass stream to stream deliver restriction?

Tim Mok commented May 21 '13, 9:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your users would have to deliver the old-fashioned way by using a repository workspace to accept changes from one stream and then deliver to another.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.