It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

User Build is failing - publishing problem

Michael Hudgins (111) | asked May 06 '13, 9:04 a.m.
retagged May 14 '13, 11:59 a.m. by Josh Crawford (984615)
My customer is having build publishing issue. Specifics are listed below. I would greatly appreciate any help at all regarding this build publishing issue. Thanks

BUILD FAILED
/home/build34/jazz/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/workspace/src/rtc-build.xml:1453: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/build34/jazz/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/workspace/src/rtc-build.xml:317: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/build34/jazz/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/workspace/src/rtc-build.xml:506: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Internal error

Total time: 46 minutes 40 seconds
MailLogger failed to send e-mail!
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:352)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:214)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:201)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:378)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:537)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:487)
at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:384)
at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:198)
at org.apache.tools.mail.MailMessage.connect(MailMessage.java:392)
at org.apache.tools.mail.MailMessage.(MailMessage.java:175)
at org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger.sendMail(MailLogger.java:273)
at org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger.buildFinished(MailLogger.java:141)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.fireBuildFinished(Project.java:2037)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:778)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:217)
at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
Build failed. Exit value was 1.
2013-04-02 12:27:56 [Jazz build engine] Invoking post-build participant \"com.ibm.team.build.junit.publishing\"

One answer

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered May 06 '13, 3:41 p.m.
 Hi Michael,  based on the exception it looks like the MailLogger Ant task is failing to connect for some reason.  You should ensure the smtp server, user, password and smtp port are valid in the maillogger properties.  You'll also want to make sure the mail.jar is in your classpath as well.  It might also be useful to look through the rest of the build log for other exceptions as well.

Comments
Michael Hudgins commented May 14 '13, 10:47 a.m.

Thanks Josh. I passed on the information to the customer and they replied back:
"That's totally incorrect, it's failing in publishing. not mail logging - we get the emails about the failed builds.  The builds are failing when publishing a large file (>500M) to the RTC Server.

Build failed. Exit value was 1.
2013-04-02 12:27:56 [Jazz build engine] Invoking post-build participant \"com.ibm.team.build.junit.publishing\"

Nick Edgar commented May 14 '13, 12:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The MailLogger stack trace may be a red herring.  Looks like it's running at the end of the Ant build, not related to any RTC Build Ant task invocations.  The last line:

shows JBE invoking the JUnit result publishing participant, but there are no details as to what the error is.  Does the build log have any more info after this point?

Nick Edgar commented May 14 '13, 12:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The builds are failing when publishing a large file (>500M) to the RTC Server.

Is this a JUnit results file, or some other log?  That would be pretty huge for a JUnit results file.  In any case, we need more info about the actual failure to proceed with this.  I'd suggest checking the CCM server error log too for entries around the same time as the publishing failure.

Michael Hudgins commented May 21 '13, 1:05 p.m.

Thanks. I appreciate that and I will look there to see any reference to failures

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.