It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Convert UUID and back

Dɐvid Benǝda (14147) | asked May 06 '13, 5:42 a.m.
Hi,
is it possible convert UUID to it's name and back? I have not found this in Visual Studio plugin.

D.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered May 07 '13, 11:05 a.m.
 If you are looking for the uuid's of streams, workspaces, components etc. I think the best way to accomplish this would be using the command line with the -u y switches.  The VS plugin includes a copy of the scmtools directory which you can use to issue the command.  For example:

C:\IBM\Rational Team Concert Client for Microsoft Visual Studio IDE\3rd Party\sc
mtools\eclipse>scm -u y list workspaces -r vinyl
(1011:_UR1hQFBNEeKHgI1QuVhlPw) "Aspect Stream WASADM" wasadm
(1012:_apmZ4AfmEeKjWs6iTeOtnA) "Aspect Stream Workspace" crawfomj
(1013:_lUfEMXIeEeKHbrIQY1TC5w) "Aspect Stream Workspace" kweinert
(1014:_VCp2kC6VEeKyvZZXndtVNQ) "Aspect Stream Workspace2" crawfomj
(1015:_PP0CYBxuEeGnFvehxbM5rg) "build.brm.continuous" Build
(1016:_PM3cEBxuEeGnFvehxbM5rg) "build.eem.continuous" Build
(1017:_PKI4MBxuEeGnFvehxbM5rg) "build.jke.dev" Build
(1018:_PF7GkBxuEeGnFvehxbM5rg) "build.jke.production" Build
(1019:_PDQ0IBxuEeGnFvehxbM5rg) "build.jke.qa" Build
(1020:_PA2ZUBxuEeGnFvehxbM5rg) "build.jke.qa.maintenance" Build
Dɐvid Benǝda selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Dɐvid Benǝda (14147) | answered May 10 '13, 8:21 a.m.

Thanks Josh. I found a quicker way. On stream click with right mouse button, select Copy URL. UUID is on the end of the url.

uuid

Ok, this is a way, how get UUID from object. But more important question (for me) is, how to convert UUID to object (in VS plug-in or on command line, I don't care). Is RTC able to do this?

Comments
Tim Mok commented May 10 '13, 9:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can use the menu action Team Concert > Open Team Artifact to open the URL. If you've pasted in the URL for the workspace, it will open the workspace.

Dɐvid Benǝda commented May 10 '13, 9:30 a.m.

Oh. Ok, thanks!

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered May 06 '13, 8:12 a.m.
 Hi Devid,  you can see the UUID's of objects in the VS plugin by right clicking on a resource and selecting view Jazz Properties and expanding the show uuid's tree:

Comments
Dɐvid Benǝda commented May 06 '13, 8:47 a.m. | edited May 07 '13, 10:06 a.m.

Hi Josh,

I did not find "view Jazz Properties" in VS RTC plug-in on any object. For example this is, how context menu looks on workspace:

menu

I'm using RTC client 4.0.2.

And, is it possible convert UUID back to "human readable description"?

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered May 06 '13, 12:28 p.m.
 Hi Devid, you access the View Jazz Properties menu from solution explorer in VS. 

Comments
Dɐvid Benǝda commented May 07 '13, 6:48 a.m. | edited May 07 '13, 10:07 a.m.

Oh, thanks Josh! I didn't know about this. But this is not, what I need. I would like to know UUID of workspace or UUID of stream and in "Team Artifacts", there is no context menu with "Jazz Properties".

Also I would like to convert UUID back to human readable string. Is it possible?

D.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.