It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integrate visual studio compilations that runs from FinalBuilder to RTC

Rachel Dichner (272510) | asked May 03 '13, 4:02 p.m.
retagged May 07 '13, 10:39 a.m. by Michelle De Armas (2612)
I am trying to integrate Final Builder as an automation build tool with RTC Build.
I am running visual studio through FinalBuilder and I want to upload the results of the compilations to RTC Compilation Tab, to see all errors, warnings and success.

Is it possible? And if so how do I do that?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 03 '13, 5:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rachel, for RTC's built-in support for launching MSBuild, JBE (the Jazz Build Engine) runs MSBuild with a custom logger DLL, whose output we then parse and publish as the compilation results.  Unfortunately, there's no way to script this currently.  There is an existing enhancement request for this: Provide an msbuildLogPublisher Ant task (256426)  See the forum thread referenced there for an approach using XSLT to map from MS Build + MS Build Extension Pack log format to the JDT compiler format expected by our jdtCompileLogPublisher Ant task.

Rachel Dichner selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rachel Dichner commented May 04 '13, 12:41 a.m.

Thanks Nick for the answer. I am trying to open the link you added to your answer. But it doesn't open. I will search for XSLT to map the results on this forum.. 

Nick Edgar commented May 06 '13, 10:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

One other answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered May 03 '13, 5:42 p.m.
edited May 03 '13, 6:15 p.m.
To me it doesn't seem it is readily possible unless a custom adapter can be written. You can find the list of the tools that integrates with RTC here.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.