It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Effect of Upgrade from RCLM 3.0.1 to 4.0.1

N. Dot (1321115) | asked May 02 '13, 10:56 a.m.
Hello!  I would like to upgrade from CLM 3.0.1 to 4.0.1.  I should I expect my build scripts to continue to work?  Is there anything that could be in my build scripts or in 4.0.1 that cause my scripts to stop working?  What should I look for/change in my build scripts?  Are there any other changes in CLM 4.0.1 that might cause a negative impact when I upgrade?

One answer

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered May 02 '13, 1:16 p.m.
 Hello,  it really depends what the scripts rely on to function.  I can say I've run into issues that only occurred after an upgrade.  For example,  I've worked with a client who was using aliases (from the scm\lscm rtc command line) to pattern match.  When the upgrade to 401 happened their automation broke because the aliases were duplicating in the build and causing the changesets and workitem association to fail (alias 1234 was a changeset early in the build, and then later in the build as a workitem when 1234 was associated it failed because it picked the workitem 1234 and tried to associate it with another workitem)  While aliases technically aren't unique this behavior didn't happen in 3.0.1.

So the moral of this is that there may be changes that could potentially impact your build in some way.  I'd suggest standing up a small test environment on 401 and running a couple builds there to ensure you don't see something unusual. 

Comments
N. Dot commented May 02 '13, 2:55 p.m. | edited Sep 09 '13, 4:59 a.m.

Hi Josh!  Thank you for the response.  Did your client run into any other incompatibilities?  Thank you again!

Josh Crawford commented May 02 '13, 3:25 p.m.

Hi,  this particular client didn't have other issues in the builds.   

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.