It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can back links from requirements within modules in RRC be generated from the OSLC QM API?

Sean Griffin (1111) | asked Apr 30 '13, 9:12 p.m.
 I've not been able to successfully create back links from requirements to test cases (ValidatedBy links) through the OSLC QM API.

The RQM REST API states that currently, in v4.0, the OSLC QM API should be used to create links to requirements in RRC.  I have successfully used this API to create links inside test cases in RQM to requirements in RRC, and verified the back links in RRC exists, though these requirements in RRC "were not" inside a module.

Repeating the above process for requirements within a RRC module will create the forward link from / within the RQM test case, though the back link inside the RRC requirement is not created.

I have also tried the RQM "Back link repair" feature on the test case, however the repair function displays a HTTP 400 error on the Browse Test Cases page in RQM.

If I manually edit the requirement in RRC and manually create the back link to the test case, then I am successful, and the forward link in the test case (that I created through the OSLC QM API) remains intact.

One answer

permanent link
Xin Peng Liu (1) | answered May 13 '13, 11:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
By design and OSLC spec, OSLC QM API will not create the paired back link. You have to manually create the 2 direction links using corresponding OSLC API of to each application. The RQM REST APIis by design to create the link and the back link.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.