It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to show the progress (% complete) of a story in a plan?

Alex Leach (1122) | asked Apr 30 '13, 3:48 p.m.
My team is currently using the Kanban methodology.  In RTC, we currently use a backlog of stories, with stories planned for a current, quarterly plan.  Those stories are ranked within the quarterly plan.  The stories are not estimated and have no tasks.  I would like to add a field (attribute) to show the current progress of the story, or in a percentage, how much of the story is complete.  I have successfully added a "Percent Complete" attribute with a small string type text box in the story.  I would like for the "Percent Complete" attribute to show in the View Layout of the quarterly plan.  If possible, I would like the field to show as a green progress bar.

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 02 '13, 9:18 a.m.
Aradhya, he also wants this number (stored as text in a string) to show as as graphical progress bar
(I don't think there is a builtin way to do this)

Alex.. this is duplicating a lot of 'plan' coding that you could take advantage of (if you used the provided fields and process)..

Comments
Aradhya K commented May 02 '13, 9:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Currently displaying the custom field as a bar is not possible,

If customer uses the child tasks then plan itself can calculate the progress and show it in the plan instead of users updating it manually. 

Alex Leach commented May 02 '13, 11:36 a.m.

OK, thank you.

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered May 02 '13, 8:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You need to add the new custom attribute to the Plan Attribute Mapping.
Open the project area in Eclipse client.
Switch to Project Configuration tab.
In the tree navigate to Project Configuration --> Configuration Data --> Planning --> Plan Attributes.
In this configuration you need to add a new Attribute Mapping for the custom attribute you have created.

Comments
Alex Leach commented May 02 '13, 11:36 a.m.

Thanks, we were able to get that working.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.