It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.2: Special char '&" in presentation label does not show up in RTC client

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Apr 30 '13, 10:02 a.m.
Hello,

I used something like "A&B" in the label of a presentation of a customized work item type. I noticed that the character & show up on the web UI but not on the RTC client when a new work item is created.

Do I need to specifically code this special char so that it can show up properly on both web UI and RTC (eclipse) client?

Thanks and regards

Comments
Josh Crawford commented Apr 30 '13, 1:46 p.m.

Hi Frank,  I've seen similar behavior with special characters in names in different areas of the tool.  See defect Unable to open dashboard for project area with colon ":" character in name (245163).  This was WebUI specific so it's not the same issue as yours but it think it warrants further investigation.  I agree with Piotr that a defect\PMR be created.  

2 answers

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Apr 30 '13, 4:18 p.m.
edited Apr 30 '13, 4:19 p.m.
This doesn't seem easy to reproduce...it works fine for me in both eclipse and web.
I created custom WI type, custom attributes and presentation editor and the result can be seen in the screen shot below.

Special char in Label

Although opening a PMR might be a good idea.

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Apr 30 '13, 11:39 a.m.
I am able to reproduce it.
I haven't found an existing jazz.net defect, so you may want to file one.
I wasn't able to get it to work by escaping with &, but as a workaround, you can obviously use "A and B" or "A'n'B"

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.