It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

automatic selection of 1 list item based on the manual selection of an item in another list - can this be done? (RTC 4.0.2)

Joachim Blaudek-Premm (111) | asked Apr 30 '13, 6:18 a.m.
edited Apr 30 '13, 6:22 a.m.
before selecting anything after choosing the first value I have 2 enumeration list where the items in list 2 are dependent on the first list.
I only want to show 1 value and not a list of filtered values based on the selection in the first list.
BUT due to the mandatory Default Literal definition of enumerations it of course always shows this default value rather then the value I have defined in the Value set.
(in a former version of RTC - guess it was 2.x - there was no need to define a default value for an enumeration -
but this feature is gone ... and I have to define a default ....)
So. CCR Reviewer and SLAs are both dependent on the manual selection in CCR Types (see 1st file)

and if I now select one CCR Type I get:  (see 2nd file)

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 30 '13, 10:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 30 '13, 10:12 a.m.
Hi Joachim,

you can define a default value for enumerations - only general for the enumeration. This is available some time now and did not get removed. You find this if you look at the specification of the enumeration in the process configuration. If you don't want a default, define an undefined enumeration literal and select that literal as undefined literal.

You can use the dependent enumeration value set to do what you want. See https://jazz.net/library/article/1093 Lab 4 for more information on how to use them. You will be able to only show the allowed value (and the current one). You could use a validation Attribute Customization to prevent saving wrong values. Also see the link above Lab 4 and 5.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.