It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom IValidator Plugin -> ERROR com.ibm.team.workitem.common - Validator not found

Alicia Loh (323) | asked Apr 30 '13, 5:50 a.m.
 I just deployed a custom plugin to check for current user and owner to be equal:

package allowOnlyCurrentUserSaveWorkItem;
import org.eclipse.core.runtime.IProgressMonitor;
import org.eclipse.core.runtime.IStatus;
import org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status;

import com.ibm.team.repository.client.ITeamRepository;
import com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException;
import com.ibm.team.repository.common.IContributor;
import com.ibm.team.repository.common.IContributorHandle;
import com.ibm.team.workitem.common.IWorkItemCommon;
import com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.attributeValueProviders.AttributeValueProviderDescriptor;
import com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.attributeValueProviders.AttributeValueProviderRegistry;
import com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.attributeValueProviders.IConfiguration;
import com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.attributeValueProviders.IValidator;
import com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.IAttribute;
import com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.IWorkItem;

public class allowOnlyCurrentUserSaveWorkItemValidator implements IValidator {
public IStatus validate(IAttribute attribute, IWorkItem workItem, IWorkItemCommon workItemCommon, 
            IConfiguration configuration, IProgressMonitor monitor) throws TeamRepositoryException {

IContributorHandle owner = workItem.getOwner();
ITeamRepository teamRepository = (ITeamRepository)owner.getOrigin();
IContributor currentUser = teamRepository.loggedInContributor();
String currentUserID = currentUser.toString();
String ownerID = owner.toString();

AttributeValueProviderDescriptor descriptor = AttributeValueProviderRegistry.getInstance().getProviderDescriptor(configuration);

if (ownerID == currentUserID)
            return new Status(IStatus.OK, descriptor.getOriginatingPluginId(), "OK");
        else 
            return new Status(IStatus.ERROR, descriptor.getOriginatingPluginId(), "Only the owner of this work item is allowed to modify it.");

}
}

I added this validator to the owner attribute and added a pre-condition to do attribute validation when saving work item. However, I get this error in ccm.log whenever I save a workitem:

ERROR com.ibm.team.workitem.common                        - Validator not found

Any idea what could cause this error? Thank you.

One answer

permanent link
Alicia Loh (323) | answered Apr 30 '13, 6:03 a.m.
 I have these errors when checking the provision status of the plugins:

CRJAZ0300I Installing the feature "AllowOnlyCurrentUserSaveWorkItemValidatorProject_1.0.0.201304301628".
CRJAZ0275I The bundle "allowOnlyCurrentUserSaveWorkItem" is already installed.
CRJZS0383W Failed to resolve the bundle "allowOnlyCurrentUserSaveWorkItem".
CRJAZ0295I A feature with the id "AllowOnlyCurrentUserSaveWorkItemValidatorProject" is already installed.
CRJAZ0295I A feature with the id "com.ibm.team.enterprise.server.feature" is already installed.
CRJAZ0295I A feature with the id "com.ibm.team.jazz.foundation.server.jfs.feature" is already installed.
CRJAZ0295I A feature with the id "com.ibm.team.rtc.update.site.content.rtc.feature" is already installed.
CRJAZ0295I A feature with the id "AllowOnlyCurrentUserSaveWorkItemValidatorProject" is already installed.
CRJAZ0295I A feature with the id "com.ibm.team.enterprise.server.feature" is already installed.
CRJAZ0295I A feature with the id "com.ibm.team.jazz.foundation.server.jfs.feature" is already installed.
CRJAZ0295I A feature with the id "com.ibm.team.rtc.update.site.content.rtc.feature" is already installed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.