It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

system definitions generator running on zOS

Stefan Hoffmann (14411820) | asked Apr 30 '13, 2:40 a.m.
Hello,

as the history on system definitions (translators, datasets, etc...) is still missing (see https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=230455), we want to log the state of the definitions on each dependency build (pre-step) with the "system definitions generator", which has a "export" task (see https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_RTCz_usingLDG.html).

After some fiddeling I've got it running on my win7 maschine with the headless antrunner. But... by accidently using a wrong jdk (x86_64) for my x86_32 eclipse I've leared that this export task has native UI dependency, preventing it from running (the usual java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.swt.SWTError). This means it would never be able to run on zOS (or does anybody have a swt implementation for this jdk: "IBM J9 VM (build 2.4, JRE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 z/OS s390-31"?).

Now some questions:
- Why does this ant-task have UI dependencies?
- Are there any chance to run this task outside of a eclipse context to eventually get rid of the ui dependency?
- Generally: How can I export the system definitions in the context of a zOS dependency build?

Stefan

One answer

permanent link
Xavier Houis (161) | answered May 30 '13, 3:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 30 '13, 3:30 a.m.
Hi Stefan,
I suggest you to open an enhancement (or perhaps defect) for EE team to consider getting rid of UI dependencies in the system definition generator toolkit.
If you want to log the system definitions that take part in dependency build, you should look at the buildComponents.xml that we list all of system definition UUIDs and their current states.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.