It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What does repotool-xxx -deleteJFSResources do?

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked Apr 29 '13, 6:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am trying to work out what this command does.  I have read the help - but still not clear what is can be used for.

Any explanations gratefully received

thanks

anthony

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 30 '13, 1:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Documentation on this command can be found at:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JFSServerAdmin#Permanently_deleting_resources
Also note that a "-force" option can be specified, to force the deletion of non-archived resources.

Anthony Kesterton selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered Apr 29 '13, 6:32 p.m.
 Hi Anthony,  I've seen clients use this when they have lots of archived unwanted data and projects and they were concerned about database growth.  This was suggested in cases only where the client was 100% adamant that the data\projects could be permanently removed

Comments
Andrew andr commented Apr 29 '13, 6:38 p.m. | edited Apr 30 '13, 1:24 a.m.

Thanks Josh

Anthony Kesterton commented Apr 29 '13, 6:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Josh - so this really can remove unwanted data.  Do you have to archive the projects first?  I need to try this out a bit on a test database.  I worry about any potential cross-project links (esp. on a CLM instance).

thanks

anthony

Josh Crawford commented Apr 29 '13, 7:03 p.m.

Hi Anthony,  the projects do need to be archived first.  I agree, there are concerns about creating dangling links when running this command.  I know there are some other requested tools for better handling of broken links (see https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=259678) but until something like that is implemented I'd avoid running this command unless absolutely necessary.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.