It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why can't I see outgoing change sets after delivery to QA stream?

mark byrd (14712330) | asked Apr 29 '13, 3:46 p.m.
I make changes in my sandbox, check them into a workspace, into a new change set, and relate them to a new work item. With my Pending changes flow target set to a test stream, I can see my outgoing change sets associated to the work item. I can expand the change sets and see the changed items. I deliver the change sets to the test stream. They disappear from Pending Changes. I change my Pending Changes flow target to a QA stream. I can tell there are is something outgoing because of the icon (right facing arrow with plus sign), but can't expand and see the change sets or work item. 

The component with the change sets has not yet been delivered to the QA stream. It's still being developed in the test stream. I'm guessing that's why I can't see change set details in the Pending Changes flow targeted my QA stream. Other than noting that the component is not yet in QA, and looking at the history of the test stream, is there any way to see change set details that are waiting for delivery to my QA stream. The drill down display in Pending Changes is a much better way to review changes sets than the history, which requires opening each work item one at a time.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 30 '13, 1:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Pending Changes view shows you the differences between each source component and its corresponding  target component.   When a component hasn't been delivered to the target, then the "difference" for that component between the source and target is logically every change-set in the history of that component in the source.  If you want to be able to browse down into the change sets in that history, in the Pending Changes view, select the "Show -> History" operation on that component, and then in the History view, multi-select all the change-sets that you want to explore (possibly all of them), and then select the "Open_With -> Change Explorer" operation.

mark byrd selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
mark byrd commented Apr 30 '13, 7:49 a.m.

Thanks. I didn't know I could multi-select the change sets. 

One other answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Apr 29 '13, 3:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
A screenshot of your Pending Changes view would help figure out what's going on. You should check the status line of the view to see if there are parts hidden from you. If you've set any filters for the view, disable them and figure out which filter is hiding the change.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.