It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrade RQM, RRC, and RTC from 2.0 to 4.0.2

Liz Brooks Keith (1314) | asked Apr 26 '13, 7:54 a.m.
retagged Apr 26 '13, 12:18 p.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)
I am working for a company who have RQM, RTC and RRC. Only RQM is used at the moment, and it hasn't been maintained. I am embarking on a new development project and need a code repository, defect management, manual test scripting and execution. Does the upgrade to 4.0.2 mean I will have integrated products which will suit my needs?
Is there a place I can go to get an overview of each of the products so I can easily select those which meet my needs?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Apr 26 '13, 10:05 a.m.
Code repository and defect management are covered by RTC. Manual test script creation and execution is covered by RQM. So it seems that indeed, CLM 4.0.2 will cover your needs (as far as I can tell from your general description).

The three CLM products: RTC, RQM, RRC can be integrated via a Lifecycle project. This gives you an OOTB integration of projects between the three applications mentioned.

Please note that the upgrade from 2.0 requires an intermediate step of upgrading to CLM 3.x. see https://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m2/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_upgrade_to_301.html for details.

The overwiev of the projects can be found directly on https://jazz.net/, also, please go through the jazz.net/library for more details.

Liz Brooks Keith selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Apr 26 '13, 10:28 a.m.
Hi Liz, I find the videos posted in the Tours section of the Information Center to be very informative for starters. These videos will walk you through about the fundamentals as well as highlights some strong capabilities of the products.
On the other hand, you may think about deploying CLM 4.0.2 as a separate instance if the data in RQM 2.x is not necessary to pull in or have no dependency for your new projects and that way you can avoid the migration. Also note, you will need 4.x licenses as 2.x licenses won't work with 4.x products.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.