It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

HP OSLC adapter - Together with DOORS 9.5

Asaf Kivity (3311016) | asked Apr 25 '13, 8:47 a.m.
edited Apr 25 '13, 9:19 a.m. by Daniel Moul (4.9k1318)
 Hi All,
I have installed The HP OSLC Adaptor and managed to make it work with RRC.
Since DOORS 9.5 supports OSLC, I was trying to configure this to work with DOORS 9.5, but failed.
Has anyone managed to successfully install it?

Thanks!
Asaf

Comments
itay ariel commented May 21 '13, 7:14 a.m.

If you find a solution for this problem I would love to know,

since I also have this problem

Itay

Asaf Kivity commented May 21 '13, 7:20 a.m.

Hi Itay,

Where are you from? Which company?
Asaf 

itay ariel commented May 26 '13, 3:26 a.m.

Hi,

Im from Jerusalem, work in NDS
Itay 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Apr 25 '13, 9:19 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As I recall, DOORS 9.5 has not yet been tested and is not supported with the HP OSLC adapter at this point of time.

As part of the DOORS 9 family we sell a DOORS-HPQC adapter based on synchronization rather than OSLC.  This adapter has been around for a while, and existing DOORS-HPQC customers are using it.  So thus far we haven't see a lot of customer requests to change what's working to be OSLC-based.

Do you have a need for both RRC and DOORS 9 to integrate to HPQC? Are you asking to implement the integration the same way with both RM systems?  It would be helpful to know more about your needs and what's motivating them.

Rosa Naranjo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Asaf Kivity commented Apr 30 '13, 5:33 a.m.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for you details response.
Yes, The need to remove the duplication of data between DOORS and HP, is one of my needs, together with the fact the DOORS-QC Integration is not great, and has its issues.

I thought that as long that DOORS, and HP ALM (through the adapter) supports OSLC, they should be able to connect. Am I wrong?

Thanks,
Asaf 

Gary Cernosek commented May 01 '13, 11:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

OSLC interfaces are defined to meet minimum viable integration criteria. So the fact that both tools support OSLC does not necessarily mean they will be able to connect, or if they do, will support the use cases in need. 

I invite you to submit a new Integration Request which will create a record of this need. I track these requests each week and discuss them with Rational Product Management, Software Development, Business Development, and Custom Engineering leaders. 

Asaf Kivity commented May 21 '13, 7:21 a.m.

Hi Gary,

The link provided here is not working for some reason.
Can you point me to where I need to post this ER?
Thanks!
Asaf 

3 other answers

permanent link
Theresa Ramsey (1915) | answered Sep 17 '13, 11:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Asaf,
No definite schedule yet for HP / DOORS 9.5 integration. The more folks that request it, the more likely that it'll get moved up the priority list. 
Theresa

permanent link
Asaf Kivity (3311016) | answered Sep 14 '13, 6:06 p.m.
 Thanks Theresa,
Can you give an insight on an expected time?

Thanks,
Asaf

permanent link
Theresa Ramsey (1915) | answered Aug 27 '13, 6:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Asaf,
Apologize for the broken link. We have recorded your request, and you're not the only one that has asked about this integration (which will likely move it up on the priority list). Thanks for your input!
Theresa

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.