It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I update RTC task by email

Abhishek Singh (1112) | asked Apr 25 '13, 8:01 a.m.
I would like to update my RTC task using outlook email. How can I do this?

I have to keep different stakeholders updated with my work.There is lot of discussion happens over email related to RTC stories/task and we need to update RTC with progress.

Is there any possibility if RTC story / task can be updated using outlook email.

6 answers

permanent link
praveen patidar (8613244) | answered May 14 '13, 9:15 p.m.

I can provide you usecase if you wanna to try the stuff from your side.

1. You have search the trigger point for the Exchange Email while sending the email. I am not aware of the API but there is something that triggers when you send email.

2. Create one Utility that updates work item getting the URL of the work item and Username password of the admin.This can be done by Java API or OSLC calls.  

3. Now you have to put this stuff created in 2 using one bat file. Make this bat file runable from the trigger found during 1.

Flow : Mail send trigger will run bat file with parameter as mail content and the URL of the work item.

This is tricky but may work for your stuff as a work around.   

permanent link
Stephen Toop (10112123) | answered May 14 '13, 5:08 a.m.
CM-Logic is hosting a webinar on 22nd May to demonstrate the tool.

You can register here for it: JazzConnect-EMAIL Webinar

permanent link
Stephen Toop (10112123) | answered May 01 '13, 11:03 a.m.
Note: Vendor Reply.

Abhisek this functionality is provided in a Business Partner application JazzConnect-EMAIL from CM-Logic, please  take a look at the listing on the IBM Partnerword solution directory: JazzConnect-EMAIL

This application can create work items and update attributes on the work item through email also.

Thanks
Stephen Toop
CM-Logic

permanent link
Abhishek Singh (1112) | answered Apr 25 '13, 2:20 p.m.

Hi Elisabeth,

Thanks for your answer.

I wish I could have done the workaround you have suggested….

Being part of Customer focused development team, we have to update various system with our work progress. Apart from these systems, there are always emails floating around involving various people.

Unfortunately we can't subscribe all the people in RTC as most of them are customer facing and for them email update is more convenient.

Abhishek

permanent link
Elisabeth Carbone (616108) | answered Apr 25 '13, 8:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Abhishek,

currently you cannot update Work Items by email. There is an RFE open about it. Email importer (95864)
I think particular comment 4 and comment 5 in this work item would address your request.

What you could do is the following:
Enable email notification
You can subscribe the stakeholders to work items and they can get an email when WI are updated.
Let me know if you would need more information how to configure that.

/Elisabeth

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Apr 25 '13, 8:10 a.m.

There exists a third party tool from CM-Logic which can do this. It's quite good and not so expensive.

http://www.cm-logic.com/software/jazzconnect-email-reader.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.