It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get Actual Start Date in Formal Project Plan view ?

Abhi Raj (2157) | asked Apr 25 '13, 1:17 a.m.
I am using RTC 4.0.1 Formal Project template for a project. Imported WBS to the plan and taken a planned snapshot. Planned Start date & end dates are coming properly. But for the tasks which are moved to In Progress state are not showing the date in Actual Start date column. How to get the actual date properly in the plan ? Is it happening because of planned snapshot ?

Thanks
Abhi

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 29 '13, 3:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please find additional information here: https://jazz.net/library/article/663/ topic

Actual start and finish dates

The actual start and finish dates for a work item are determined by the dates when the state of the work item changes. The actual start date is when the state is changed to In Progress. The actual finish date is when the state is set to Resolved. If you change the status of a work item to In Progress on a non-working day, the non-working date is set as the actual start date. If you change the status of a work item to Resolved on a non-working day, the non-working date is set as the resolution date. In the example, the "Create personal Virtual Classroom" task is initially scheduled to start on 20 June, with an estimate of 3 days and a finish date of 22 June. On 21 June, the state of the work item is set to In Progress. The actual start date of the work item is 21 June. The task is now scheduled to start on 21 June and finish on 25 June.

This is what should be happening. However, I am just looking at this in 4.0.1 in a test project and I don't see the actual start date changing either. This might be a defect. You might want to file one anyway.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 29 '13, 3:34 a.m.

I am testing with 4.0.1.

Abhi Raj commented May 07 '13, 8:30 a.m.

Thanks Ralph.
The defect is already there :
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/241606
Resolved in 4.0.2 M2

Ralph Schoon commented May 07 '13, 8:53 a.m.

Thanks for letting me know Abhi. This will come in handy soon.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 25 '13, 2:49 a.m.
Hi Abil,

please see https://jazz.net/library/article/657 .

Comments
Abhi Raj commented Apr 27 '13, 12:47 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

I have checked the article you mentioned. I could not find a relevant note for getting Actual Start Date in the plan view. I have tried on Win 2008, Win 2003 & Win 7 server with IE8 & FireFox browsers for RTC 4.0.1. Not sure about RTC 4.0.2 release.

- Abhi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.