It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we prevent RTC allowing change sets to be delivered without a Work Item attached when a baseline includes the Change Set?

Jonathan Ball (111) | asked Apr 24 '13, 9:13 a.m.
edited Apr 24 '13, 9:22 a.m.
We are using RTC 3.0.1 and have the Operation Behaviour precondition for Deliver (Client) enabled to prevent deliver if there is no work item attached or if the attached work item has no owner.

2 separate instances show this rule to be ineffective if a baseline is added to the component, including the change set without a work item. Delivery proceeds without any errors leading to change sets with no work items being delivered to the stream.

Any ideas how to prevent this happening?

One answer

permanent link
Sonia Dimitrov (27159) | answered Apr 24 '13, 11:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 24 '13, 11:09 a.m.
I tried this with a 3.0.1.6 client and I had to have both Deliver (client) and Deliver (server) preconditions configured for this to work with a baseline, though I was testing with a 4.0.3 development server.  Does having both client and server preconditions configured work for you?

I understand the Deliver (client) preconditions are being deprecated.  With a 4.0.3 development client, I see that the behavior works as expected with only the Deliver (server) precondition.

Comments
Jonathan Ball commented Apr 24 '13, 11:46 a.m.

Tried adding the Deliver(Server) precondition with a 3.0.1 client and server pair and the delivery was still allowed :(.  Will leave the precondition in place for now. We hope to upgrade to 4.0.x server / client soon.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.