It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrade CLM from 4.0.0.1 to 4.0.2 cannot upgrade with Installation Manager

Stefan Herden (311) | asked Apr 24 '13, 5:29 a.m.
 Dear all,

We tried to upgrade whole CLM environment (including JTS, RQM, RM, CCM ) from 4.0.0.1 to 4.0.2 but the installation Manager says that a new installation is required instead of an update with (CRJAZ9007E) 
If we try to install a new CLM 4.0.2 it says that it is already installed and I can only install it by installing the packages into a new group.

Question: Why does the upgrade from 4.0.0.1 to 4.0.2 does not work with "update" from Installation Manager?

How do I upgrade to 4.0.2?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered Apr 24 '13, 3:17 p.m.
 Hi Stefan,  The upgrade process for CLM apps requires that the new version of the product be installed alongside the existing version.  The actual process of 'upgrading'  occurs via the repotools commands which update the repository. The execution of these commands needs to access configuration files of the version of the tools that are currently in use

I agree with Indradri completely that the interactive upgrade guide is the best place to get started with planning and executing the upgrade of the environment. 
Stefan Herden selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Apr 24 '13, 6:14 a.m.
Hi Stefan, this is not a direct in-place upgrade and I would recommend to use the Interactive upgrade guide to get detailed upgrade steps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.