It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to duplicate a record in RTC?

Neha Nayak (1546) | asked Apr 24 '13, 2:17 a.m.
once data is uploaded if i want to duplicate single record from web view or from eclipse, is there any way to do it?

2 answers

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Apr 24 '13, 2:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 24 '13, 4:53 a.m.
I assume, you are talking about work items?
In the eclipse client you can open a work item by doubble clicking it and open the menu by clicking the small arrow beside the type and number.

In the web client I don't know a duplicate functionality. A work around might be to copy the work item into a new project area and move it back. 

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Apr 24 '13, 8:39 a.m.
I was answering a customer on this same issue...what version are you using? Mine looks like in 4.0:

work item  copy  

Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross commented Apr 24 '13, 9:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yep, mine is older. The screen shot is done in Version: 3.0.1.3

But I assume Duplicate... and Create Work Item Copy... is doing the same

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Apr 24 '13, 3:48 a.m.
I am also assuming you are referring to work items and considering you intent to create multiple workitems with same values in all or most of the attributes/fields, then you can create a Work Item template do achieve the same.
You may want to take a look at Creating Work Item Templates (this is for 4.0.1) but you can go to the same topic for your respective RTC  infocenter version

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.