It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC/DNG process templates - what do they impose?

Norman Dignard (356688168) | asked Apr 23 '13, 9:12 p.m.

JAZZ 4.0.2.  We're migration from DOORS and Repro to DNG  and I'm trying to understand what the out-of-the -box templates do the requirements management project area.    We're setting up lifecycle projects using DNG/RTC/RQM with RTC for  RM/QM tasks.

For DOORS to DNG data migration we're doing ReqIf exports/imports into the existing RM project area.

For Reqpro however, in JAZZ  there's the Import from Reqpro function. This however creates another RM project area not linked to RTC for change/task management.  

My question is what does the RM process templates bring to the table in  RM  and what implications does this have that I need to apply the new reqpro imported project?

2 answers

permanent link
Vatsala Ramachandran (12314) | answered Apr 29 '13, 2:17 a.m.
Hi Norman,

Please take a look at the answer that Bala has given to your other question, that can hopefully clarify your question here

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/107720/reqpro-to-dng-import-issue/107845

Otherwise, let me know and we can dig deeper

Thanks,
Vatsala

permanent link
Vatsala Ramachandran (12314) | answered Apr 24 '13, 4:00 a.m.
hi Norman,

Project templates that are used when creating new projects in RRC/DNG, have the following things coming into the project

1. Link types
2. Artifact types
3. Any pre defined folders and artifacts
4. Templates

These are the most important things that come automatically, there may be other things as well.

Comments
Norman Dignard commented Apr 24 '13, 7:38 a.m.

Thanks for the info as I could not find documentation on what occurs on the back end when setting up projects using the out-of-the-box process templates in a CLM setup.

As for the import from Reqpro - would you know what, if any, actions are required on the new RM project (created via the import process) so that it slides into the CLM processes like other CLM project areas with an out of the box set up (no reqpro import) ?

Regards  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.