It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC with Xcode

Miguel Avila (155) | asked Apr 23 '13, 3:12 p.m.
edited Apr 23 '13, 6:11 p.m.
 hi:

We are using RTC to versioning code created from Xcode. We have created a baseline and importing the code.
We are facing some problems when we are trying to check in code via the terminal, can anyone help us?

We´re using RTC client 4.0.1 (we can´t use the new relase because the server is using this version), IOS Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and the JRE is the same one that came in the RTC client.

this is the command we are using:   lscm checkin pruebaJAZZiOS/pruebaJAZZiOS/ViewController.m
and this is the response we are getting: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Faltan los metadatos inversos para el elemento [UUID _26oF0KxFEeKd0v2VeCdpMw]

2 answers

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Apr 23 '13, 4:22 p.m.
edited Apr 23 '13, 4:48 p.m.
Which version of RTC you are using ? This looks more like a defect to me and you may consider opening one from MyStuff > Submit a Bug.
Also from the respective System Requirements page (this is the latest) you may want to make sure that the MacOS version is supported.

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Apr 23 '13, 4:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Indradri - I think you mean MacOS :-) but the comment is still good - what version of RTC, MacOS and Xcode is useful info. You may also want to check your JRE version.

Indradri Basu commented Apr 23 '13, 4:49 p.m.

Thanks Anthony, I was playing with xcode and IOS apps dev myself and that came with the flow. Thanks for the catch, I corrected the entry.

Miguel Avila commented Apr 23 '13, 6:08 p.m.

I´m using RTC client 4.0.1 (we can´t use the new relase because the server is using this version), IOS Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and the JRE is the same one that came in the RTC client. something to notice that the RTC server works fine (it´s not installed in this machine).
Thanks in advance.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Apr 23 '13, 4:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It looks like the metadata is corrupted for your loaded content. Backup your changes and try using the repair command to fix it.

I also agree that you should open a bug about this. Seeing a stack trace isn't user friendly and should be addressed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.