It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

import image as well as text(rich/plain) in a Test script step's description and expected result column

Sarvendra Kumar (1922426) | asked Apr 23 '13, 5:05 a.m.

the RQMExcelImporter provides way to import Image, text(rich/plain) to a test script's "description" and "expected result" column.

but while trying to import both image as well as text it did not import both in the mentioned columns.

later i tried to import text 1st then import image later in the mentioned columns so as the cumulative result will be the same as of importing both.

but the text which i had imported in step1st was erased for all steps, and the image was imported in the prescribed place.

4 answers

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Apr 25 '13, 7:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello!

Can you try the excel sheet & cfg file with name : "Test Cases made from scripts with images"

default loc on Win 7 OS : C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\RQMExcelImporterNew\Samples

Best regards
Sunil

permanent link
Lorinda Kress (1) | answered May 06 '13, 6:29 p.m.
edited May 06 '13, 6:31 p.m.
I have the same question - some expected results are text and some are images.  The .cfg seems to only allow 1 or the other:

testscript.steps.expectedResult=image(H)
// testscript.steps.expectedResult=H

If I uncomment the 2nd entry, the exporter throws an exception about a duplicate.

The image is imported just fine, but other test steps with just text are left blank.

Has anyone come up with a workaround?

Thanks,
Lorinda

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Jun 03 '13, 9:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi
one way is to use "&"
testscript.steps.expectedResult=H & image(H) 
&  The ampersand symbol is used to add two or more bits of data to the same field. The data can be a mix of items such as:  testcase.description=”my description:” & C4

Comments
Sarvendra Kumar commented Jun 13 '13, 6:11 a.m.

thank you Hao Wan

permanent link
Sarvendra Kumar (1922426) | answered Jun 13 '13, 6:11 a.m.

Hello @Lorinda Kress

try this following config statement.

testscript.steps.expectedResult=H &" "& image(H)

The column H of your excel sheet will have thetext as well as the image.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.