It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

WARN eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService - CRJZS0383W Failed to resolve the bundle

Dan Sevcenco (5021923) | asked Apr 22 '13, 9:23 a.m.
retagged Aug 12 '13, 11:10 a.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
Hello,

I have created a plugin component for RTC v4 and when trying to deploy it, I am getting that warning message that I put in the title.

Try as I might, I have no clue what I am doing wrong. I am hoping that the community can point to me what is wrong with my plugin configuration.

Thank you!

PLUGIN
==============

MANIFEST.MF
-----------------------
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: ITSM2 RTC Workitem Extensions Service Participants
Bundle-SymbolicName: itsm2.rtcext.workitem.extensions.service.participants;singleton:=true
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0.qualifier
Bundle-Vendor: ITSM2
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.runtime,
 itsm2.rtcext.workitem.extensions.common;bundle-version="1.0.0",
 com.ibm.team.process.common;bundle-version="1.2.1000",
 com.ibm.team.process.service;bundle-version="1.2.1000",
 com.ibm.team.repository.common;bundle-version="1.3.1000",
 com.ibm.team.repository.service;bundle-version="1.2.1000",
 com.ibm.team.workitem.common;bundle-version="3.1.0",
 com.ibm.team.workitem.extension;bundle-version="3.1.0",
 com.ibm.team.workitem.service;bundle-version="3.1.0"
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6
Bundle-ActivationPolicy: lazy
Bundle-Activator: itsm2.rtcext.workitem.extensions.service.participants.ServiceParticipantsActivator

Plugin.xml
---------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?eclipse version="3.4"?>
<plugin>
   <extension
         point="com.ibm.team.process.service.operationParticipants">
      <operationParticipant
            class="itsm2.rtcext.workitem.extensions.service.participants.AddSubscribersOnWorkitemSaveParticipant"
            id="itsm2.rtcext.workitem.extensions.service.participants.addSubscribersOnWorkitemSave"
            name="Add Subscribers on WorkItem Save"
            operationId="com.ibm.team.workitem.operation.workItemSave">
         <extensionService
               componentId="itsm2.rtcext.workitem.extensions"
               implementationClass="itsm2.rtcext.workitem.extensions.service.participants.AddSubscribersOnWorkitemSaveParticipant">
<!--            <prerequisites>
               <requiredService
                  interface="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.IWorkItemServer"/>
            </prerequisites> -->
         </extensionService>
         <description>
            When the specified work item type is new and being saved, the required subscribers are added.
         </description>
      </operationParticipant>
   </extension>
</plugin>

FEATURE
===========

feature.xml
------------------
<feature
      id="itsm2.rtcext.workitem.extensions.server.feature"
      label="ITSM2 Workitem Extensions Server Feature"
      version="1.0.0.qualifier"
      provider-name="ITSM2">

<description url="http://www.example.com/description">
      Includes these extensions: - Add Subscribers on Workitem Save
   </description>
   <copyright url="http://www.example.com/copyright">
      [Enter Copyright Description here.]
   </copyright>
   <license url="http://www.example.com/license">
      [Enter License Description here.]
   </license>
   <requires>
      <import feature="com.ibm.team.process.server.jfs.feature" version="1.1.1000.v20120518_2049"/>
      <import feature="com.ibm.team.repository.server.jfs.feature" version="1.0.1000.v20120518_2049"/>
      <import feature="com.ibm.team.workitem.server.rtc.feature" version="3.1.0.v20120601_0115"/>
   </requires>
   <plugin
         id="itsm2.rtcext.workitem.extensions.common"
         download-size="0"
         install-size="0"
         version="0.0.0"
         unpack="false"/>
   <plugin
         id="itsm2.rtcext.workitem.extensions.service.participants"
         download-size="0"
         install-size="0"
         version="0.0.0"
         unpack="false"/>
   <plugin
         id="itsm2.rtcext.workitem.extensions.service.advisors"
         download-size="0"
         install-size="0"
         version="0.0.0"
         unpack="false"/>
</feature>
NOTE : The feature make a reference to 2 plugins, but they have the same configuration, reasons for which I did not include both sets of files content.

UPDATE-SITE
=================

site.xml
---------------
<site>
   <feature url="features/itsm2.rtcext.workitem.extensions.server.feature_1.0.0.201304221503.jar" id="itsm2.rtcext.workitem.extensions.server.feature" version="1.0.0.201304221503"/>
</site>

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Apr 22 '13, 9:43 a.m.

Hello Dan,
Could you provide entire error message? This might contain the information what is the missing plugin constraint.

Dan Sevcenco commented Apr 22 '13, 10:20 a.m. | edited Apr 22 '13, 10:21 a.m.

Hello Krzysztof,

That is it! I am not getting any other information from the server. I mean, the rest of the message is just the ID of the plugin.

2013-04-22 19:29:27,073 [       Launch callback handler]  WARN eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService  - CRJZS0383W Failed to resolve the bundle "itsm2.rtcext.workitem.extensions.service.participants".

By the way, is there any parameter that I can modify so that the application produces some more info and actually gives me a clue on what is wrong?

Thanks,
Dan

Aradhya K commented Apr 23 '13, 1:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Dan

You can add the flag ?internal=true to the admin page of the server before the # in the  URI. It shows a new section for Provisioning status. The URI will be 
This page will provide more information on why it is failing.
Also I would suggest you to remove the versions mentioned for each Require-Bundle in Manifest.MF

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 23 '13, 3:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Does it work in a debug environment on Jetty?

Next thing is, you don't need an activator. Make sure the plugin XML files and the manifest files are provided in the Jar files. Which bundle can not be resolved? Your own one? Please provide more data here.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dan Sevcenco (5021923) | answered Apr 23 '13, 5:53 a.m.
Problem solved.

It was a matter of incomplete configuration in plugin xml, section Extensions.

I am not sure if this is correct, but it seems to be, so I am making a note here for future reference for other people who are just starting on this subject of RTC extension development:

A plugin that extends the behaviour for, in my case, work item save operation, needs to declare in the Extensions section 2 entries:
- first one of the type : com.ibm.team.repository.common.components
- second one of the type : operation specific, for example com.ibm.team.process.service.operationAdvisors

Also, as a general note, make sure that all component IDs are unique and that component names are also unique because RTC uses these pieces of information in the plugin registration process and overlap will result in unpredictable results.

Question answered. Thread can be closed!
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 23 '13, 6:36 a.m.

This is described in our Rational Team Concert 4.0 Extensions Workshop and I mention it on my blog. That blog also provides several examples for server and client API as well as how to set up your machine for development of client and server API development.

Dashrath Kale commented Sep 05 '13, 12:39 p.m.

I am facing the same issue CRJZS0383E The "TestParticipant" bundle could not be resolved and plugin.xml seems to be as required. Can anyone provide more details (why and how we can use?) on -first one of the type : com.ibm.team.repository.common.components which is mentioned above in accepted answer.

2 other answers

permanent link
dinesh kumar (133) | answered Aug 02 '13, 5:54 a.m.
Im facing with the same issue. In my operation advisor plugin am also having asynchronous task extension also. Imnot sure what I'm missing. I have included all necessary features.

But still am getting the error. I cross checked with the above mentioned steps.

Comments
dinesh kumar commented Aug 04 '13, 2:47 a.m.

Any updates on my above question ?

Is it valid to create a updatesite project of both "operation participant" extension and "asynchronous task" extension.

I'm getting the above mentioned error. Please help me out. Thanks in advance !

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 19 '13, 3:11 a.m.

The error typically indicates that your update site has an issue.
It could be a lot of things, including dependencies to unavailable plugins/features.  There not much people can do to help based on the given information.

Please post a new question on the forum and potentially provide more data so members can try to help.

permanent link
Morten Madsen (3053149) | answered May 02 '13, 2:33 p.m.
Just for future reference I'm also posting my findings about this error message (thread subj) here. I got the exact same message. I followed the Extension workshop for RTC 4.0 and did exactly (if this is stated in the workshop, I have missed it) as the sample plugins, but still I got the message: CRJZS0383W Failed to resolve the bundle "xyz".

I found out that Eclipse "Automagically" puts in MANIFEST.MF:

Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.7

If you remove this, or change it to 1.5, THEN IT WORKS!!! OMG!! That's about 5 hrs work time wasted... oh well.

Another hint for the work shop about licenses:

1. Do not install the 10 free licenses for 4.0, but choose the one below which says "Fix for work item xxx". Else you will not be able to use your RTC installation.
2. It does not matter if you activate the trial licenses. When you import the Extension workshop TAR's, the trials have already expired.

Cheers
/Morten

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 19 '13, 3:06 a.m.

Morten, the Java version required can be selected when creating the plugin.

The imported TAR files have activated eval licenses that are typically expired when you use it, therefore the instructions to install 10Free. To legally comply to the license rules, I can't do this myself and ship the down loadable files. If you have other licenses you can use these too, you might however have to change the license assignments to the users.

Please be aware that, if you use a different install (e.g. JTS/RTC as zip), the license packages to import in Lab 1 for the setup of the SDK might have different names.

Morten Madsen commented Aug 19 '13, 5:37 a.m.

Hi Ralph, thanks for you answer.

Yes, you are right about the licenses. I'm just pointing out that if you go to https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0?p=allDownloads#licenses and download the top one "10 free licenses", I will not work for RTC v4.0 + extension workshop (at least it didn't for me).

You have to download the 2. one saying "Updated RTC Developer Trial with fix for work item 249861". Else you will get an error upon license import.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 19 '13, 5:42 a.m.

Thanks for the hint Morten. For whatever reason the license files I downloaded in the past have worked for me, but I remember the issue came up. Thanks again fr the hint.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.