It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to remove a deployed plugin?

Dan Sevcenco (5021923) | asked Apr 22 '13, 4:19 a.m.
I have written a plugin that binds to the workitem save action and when testing I figured I made a mistake in the code that translates in an execution error. Obviously, I corrected the code, however, I find that updating the plugin on the server side is not as straight forward as it seems.

I did the following:
1. keep the .ini file and change the content of the update site folder
2. remove the .ini file and the update site folder.

In the first case the code was not updated. In the second case, the plugin was not removed from RTC server.

So, what are the actions I need to do in order to completely remove a plugin component from the server?

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Apr 22 '13, 10:55 a.m.
I use eclipse and RTC on the same Windows system (for development and unit test).
the Plugin Update site target folder is in the server/conf/ccm/sites folder directly..

when I am ready for another test
  • I shutdown the server (close its window)
  • run a reset batch file that does this (I call the batch file server-reset.bat)
  @rem del tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\jts\built-on.txt
  • then I erase the plugin artifacts  in the eclipse project
    content.jar, artifacts.jar, and the features and plugins folders (leaving site.xml)
  • then I rebuild the plugin using the site.xml build button
  • then I restart the server with the server.startup.bat

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Apr 22 '13, 4:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 22 '13, 4:34 a.m.
removing the .ini and a reset on the application should suffice

reset on the application can be requested by : <repo url>/ccm/admin/cmd/requestReset

you would see the following response once the cmd executes successfully:
The Jazz Server has been flagged to reset and reload from the configured update-site when it is next restarted

marking the application for a reset ensures the application re-reads the plugins afresh during a re-start and this time the missing .ini entry should take away the erroneous plugin out of your application.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 22 '13, 4:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I agree, it is important to requestReset for Update and Removal of an extension. You have to shutdown and restart after you did this for the reread to take effect. You can use the Component Status to see the installed components.

You can access the internal tools like Request Reset and the Component Status using https://myserver.example.com:myport/ccm/admin?internal=true you will find links to it on the left frame.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.