It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Predecesor Tasks across Plan Types

Robert Carter (42928589) | asked Apr 19 '13, 10:44 a.m.
I am trying to understand the error message: Work item predecessors planned for different iterations are ignored in the current work item schedule

I get this error message because I have a task defined in the Release Plan and a task defined in a child Phase Plan.  The task in the child phase plan has the constraint from the Parent Release Plan and its predecessor.

If i have a task that is scheduled for later a later phase but has a task dependency to complete before the phase begins.  Is it better to include the task in the later phase and set it due date before the phase starts? Or put the task in an earlier phase and not have the dependency any longer.

One answer

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered Apr 23 '13, 3:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Robert

For the scenario you are trying I would recommend using the Depends on and Blocks links instead of Successor and Predecessor links.
The Successor and Predecessor links are for the scheduling purpose.

Comments
Robert Carter commented Apr 24 '13, 8:41 a.m.

Does the Depend on or Blocks link effect the scheduling part of the task?  So if the Predecessor task is running behind it would effect the task schedule of the successor task in the other phase?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.