It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is WAS 8.0 Bundled with CLM 4.0.2 as Stated in the specification?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Apr 19 '13, 6:17 a.m.
Hello,

I downloaded the repository for CLM 4.0.2 for which, in the specification here https://jazz.net/library/article/1109#mozTocId511998, it states "WAS 8.0 is bundled with CLM".  When performing the installation I only get the option to install Tomcat 7.

Did I do something wrong?  Are there pre-requisites that I have to carry out?

Regards,

Andrew

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 19 '13, 6:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As of today, WAS does not ship with the install files. You have to download WAS from the Passport Advantage sites.
Andrew Trobec selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 19 '13, 6:53 a.m.

What I can see on the download page is:

Each valid client license includes a license to run one instance of DB2 Workgroup or Enterprise Edition (excludes z/OS) and one instance of WebSphere Application Server in support of Rational Team Concert. Trials of DB2 and WebSphere Application Server are also available. Express editions of WebSphere Application Server 7.0 and 8.0 are also available for IBM i at no additional charge by ordering Web Enablement for IBM i. See system requirements for details.

Where do you find that Was is shipped with RTC? There is also a download link on the optional downloads page. Note: please make sure that you don't install into a trial version of WAS, because the license will expire and you will have to reinstall and redeploy.

Andrew Trobec commented Apr 19 '13, 7:03 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

In the specification here https://jazz.net/library/article/1109#mozTocId511998 it states that WAS 8.0 is bundled with CLM, which led me to believe that I could download an all-in-one package.

Regards,

Andrew

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 19 '13, 7:19 a.m. | edited Apr 19 '13, 7:45 a.m.

Andrew, I believe that statement is misleading. I pointed the authors of the article to if we can find a better solution, making it less misleading that it is all in on download. Sorry for the confusion. Apparently bundled means it is available at passport advantage.

On the other hand, I think it is impractical to include the WAS download into the CLM download at this time, if you just look at the number of downloads and the size of the downloads required for WAS.

2 other answers

permanent link
Rene Meyer (42913334) | answered Apr 19 '13, 6:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

the deployment of CLM into WAS is a different setup procedure not covered by the setup wizard.
1. Install WAS
2. Create a profile
3. Install CLM without Tomcat using the setup wizard
4. Deploy CLM to WAS using scripts or manually

All described here:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_deploying_was.html

Best Regards,
René

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Apr 19 '13, 6:47 a.m.

Hello Renè,

Thank you for the answer.  The fact that WAS 8.0 has to be installed separately means that it isn't bundled as described in the specification.

Regards,

Andrew

permanent link
Rene Meyer (42913334) | answered Apr 19 '13, 6:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Andrew,

I talked about the setup procedure, not the bundle.
As stated in the download section WAS 8 is bundled for clients which purchased CLM.
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0.2
4 Each valid client license includes a license to run one instance of DB2 Workgroup or Enterprise Edition (excludes z/OS) and one instance of WebSphere Application Server in support of Rational Team Concert. Trials of DB2 and WebSphere Application Server are also available. Express editions of WebSphere Application Server 7.0 and 8.0 are also available for IBM i at no additional charge by ordering Web Enablement for IBM i. See system requirements for details.

I hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,
René

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.