It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I use a flat file dataset in RTC

Raymond Packbier (11112) | asked Apr 18 '13, 5:49 p.m.
edited May 20 '13, 6:33 p.m. by Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431)
 Hi,

I am using a flat file dataset (.csv) in a BIRT report. When I run my report on my local machine, everything is working fine. 

When deploying the report to RTC now as a reporting resource, I include the .csv in the 'files' section in the report resource properties window. However, when running the report it throws an error indicating that the file cannot be opened.

I guess the reason is that the absolute path to the file I have specified in the BIRT report designer is not valid on the server and instead I should give a relative path. However, I have not been able to find out which relative path to use here...

Can somebody help me in deploying this report?

Thanks a lot!

BR,
Ray

Comments
ankur sharma commented Jun 12 '13, 7:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I tested with RTC 403 and it works for me. What version did you try it with? Can you explain the report more. It is connecting only to CSV files or  there a data set for Jazz Data Source too?

Raymond Packbier commented Jun 12 '13, 10:52 a.m.

Hi Ankur,

I was working with RTC 4.0.2 which is deployed on our server right now.

The report was using the Jazz live snapshot as well as a flat file data set (the flat file was used to feed some parameters into the report that were coming directly from an excel file).

When running the report locally on my machine it worked fine (both for flat file and JAZZ data source), but when deployed on the server I could not find a place to store the flat file so the report would find and use it. 

2 answers

permanent link
ankur sharma (66212228) | answered Jun 14 '13, 5:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 For that, while uploading the report source, you have to attach the csv along in the Files section. Use the green + sign in web UI or Add button if you are using Eclipse client.

Comments
Joseph Mao commented Aug 28 '14, 7:10 a.m. | edited Aug 28 '14, 7:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Flat file data source with relative path seems only available for BIRT in 4.2 or later, from the BIRT 4.2 new and notable features

In RTC 403,  we still with BIRT 2.6.2, thus can only use absolute path. 

Tojan John commented Sep 05 '14, 2:55 a.m.

Hi,

I am using RTC 4.0.2 and BIRT 2.6.2 version. I added the csv file into Files section. But throwing below error.

Table (id = 9):
+ An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.flatfile.
    org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException: Cannot open flat file database under directory: xxx.csv

Any solution will be helpful

Regards,

Tojan.

permanent link
Kohji Ohsawa (5951310) | answered Jul 10 '14, 11:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Ankur,

You wrote, "For that, while uploading the report source, you have to attach the csv along in the Files section."

However, I don't think we can user csv in Files section as a data source, because the path of CSV should be an absolute path in a data source. Do you know how to know the absolute path of csv file which is added into Files section?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.