It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IWorkItemInfo class missing method to retrieve start action

Billy Cope (651) | asked Dec 02 '08, 9:49 a.m.
This was orginally posted on Nov 10, 2008; but did not receive a reply.

I am writing a follow-up condition to change the child work items when the parent work item state changes.

I am using the IWorkflowInfo class to retrieve information about the workflow for the parent and child work items. There are exposed methods on IWorkflowInfo to retrieve the resolveActionId and the reopenActionId. Is there an exposed method to retrieve the start action for a given workflow? Please advise.

3 answers

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Dec 03 '08, 8:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
As noticed, the start action is not exposed and I see currently no possibility to access it; please file an enhancement work item on jazz.net stating that you need it exposed.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Billy Cope (651) | answered Dec 03 '08, 8:18 a.m.
I am creating a follow-on advisor to change the states of child workitems to reflect the state of a parent work item. However, we only change the state of the child if the state is considered less than the parent state. To enable the code to determine the hierarchy of the state machine (less to great), I need to have access to the initial starting state. I prefer not having to hardcode the starting action / state if it can be retrieved dynamically.

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Dec 03 '08, 4:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
The start action is not exposed. It is only needed on work item creation to set an initial state to the work item (a better name would be the 'initialize action'). Maybe you are looking for a 'start working' action (to get into an in progress state)?

Can you please describe the scenario where you need the start action in more detail?

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.