It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to do Export Work items on a scheduled basis?

John Bryan Sazon (341823) | asked Apr 17 '13, 4:07 a.m.
Current RTC version is 3.0. Is this possible? Can it be scripted or does the tool support that? Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Apr 17 '13, 7:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Might it be possible, to fire a query and export the results with OSLC? Than it should be possible, to put schedule that code with the RTC build system.

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Apr 17 '13, 7:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, OSLC is the other way around I had in mind.

Or Java API.
This would require to develop in-house the code to parse query result and output to  CSV format.

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 17 '13, 7:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Or you might be able to grab the plugin Jars of the export capabilities of the client, feed them with the right content and let go. I'd try and if it is possible use a JBE to do that. Just a thought. You would look at WorkItemExportWizard in
package com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.wizards.export; Note: PluginSpy is your friend.

I am however not sure if you can externalize all the plugins as jar files. Never tried that.

See http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/using-work-item-queris-for-automation/ for the Plain Java API option.

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Apr 17 '13, 4:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Bryan,
I don't think it's possible even with RTC latest.

So your need would be to create a script or Java application,
that would do a [headless] CSV export using some parameters like file name, query, separator, etc
that you could schedule to run at a given time / interval.
Correct?

To me, the CSV export is a one shot feature that I would use to bulk copy work items from one PA/server to another.

May you please elaborate on your requirement?

Thanks.
Eric.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.