It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Trigger in RTC SCM

Georg Kellner (840378108) | asked Apr 17 '13, 3:13 a.m.
Good morning ;-)

I do some investigation on something like ClearCase trigger in RTC SCM.
There are some source code operations I can set preconditions or follow up actions.
I would have to create the coressponding actions in the process, do the scripting work for the trigger itself and add the action to the operation.

In ClearCase I have several options in the trigger creation to choose, in which VOB the trigger should be active, on what kind of elements it fires, set the trigger explicit to files or sub-directory structures, distinguish between meta-data operations and element operations ...

In RTC SCM I can only trigger on a deliver.
So all the options I have in the cleartool mktrtype command has to be put into the precon/followup action scripts. Am I right?
Instead of setting a trigger on ms_word elements in ClearCase, I have to check each file for the .doc ending in RTC SCM.
Instead of attaching a trigger to a directory foo and inherit it to its files and directories in ClearCase, I have to check each file if it resides in the foo directory-structure in RTC SCM.
Am I right?

greetings georg.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 17 '13, 4:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 17 '13, 4:06 a.m.
Hi Georg,

as far as I can tell, that is what you need to do. This post shows just one example. Important for you is what you can extend and which operations you can extend.

There are also some restrictions today.

1. There is currently no extension point/operation  for "Checkin". This is requested.
  2. There is currently no "Checkout" or other pessimistic locking, except locking a file on a tream - which does not make it read only. This is also requested.
  3. There is obviously no operation for "Checkout" either.
  4. As far as I can tell,you can not modify data in a server follow-up action in SCM (as opposed to work items for example)
  5. There are some requests to enhance the SCM capabilities with respect to file types.
Hope this helps a bit.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.