It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What would be the best way to backup and recover a single project area?

Gabriel Galvão (3189) | asked Apr 16 '13, 4:09 p.m.
Having the capability to backup and restore (from) hundreds of project areas is highly desireable. Is there any way, currently, to achieve this?

4 answers

permanent link
Gabriel Galvão (3189) | answered Apr 24 '13, 2:58 p.m.
Thanks for the responses, guys.

permanent link
Saran Kathirvelu (36911) | answered Apr 17 '13, 10:49 a.m.
 I'm not aware of a direct functionality to back up/restore a project area in RRC. As a workaround, depending on the size of project area, I would try the ReqIF Export/Import functionality. Again, ReqIF has some limitations and is not a direct substitute for backup/restore functionality 

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Apr 16 '13, 6:19 p.m.
currently no way to do this. This is also tied into the requirements for Project Move (across servers)..
backup needs to collect the same data.

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Apr 17 '13, 11:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Gabriel,

There have been related posts to the forum before.  Please see the following which links to a couple of foundation enhancements related to backing up and restoring an individual project.  If they do not cover what you're looking for, I would search to see if there is an exhisting enhacement filed.  If not, submit your own.  There are workarounds but like mentioned in previous comments, they have limitations.  

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/107499/clm-project-level-backup-and-restore?redirect=%2Fforum%2Fquestions%2F107499%2Fclm-project-level-backup-and-restore

I hope this helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.