It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using RQM Excel Importer Tool to create requirements in Requirement Composer

Simona Ciardi (645) | asked Apr 16 '13, 6:02 a.m.

Hi to all,

I'm using the RQM Excel Importer Tool 4.02 to create requirements in a project area of Requirement Composer (4.02), because I've a lot of reqs in an Excel worksheet. I was able to create them, but I can't choose the requirement type! I've read in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter that in the configuration file I have to put the following string

requirement.resourceShape=E

where E is the column in my Excel worksheet where I specify the artifact type.  

So the config file is in this way:

requirement.XLSStartRow=2
requirement.XLSArtifactID=A
requirement.dc:title=B
requirement.dc:description=C
requirement.jzalm:owner=D
requirement.dc:creator=D
requirement.primaryText=Div(C)
requirement.resourceShape=E

And my worksheet I have in column E:

Feature

Term

The result that I've achieved is that in RRC, I've my new requirements but not features, not terms, just  "Information" as Requirement Type!

Can you help me please to understand where I'm wrong?

Thanks in advance

Simona

5 answers

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Apr 16 '13, 7:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Simona,
Are you trying to link/create Quality Manager artifacts to the newly created requirements or  are you simply trying to just import requirements into RRC?
If its the latter, you can use the import functionality embedded into RRC rather that than QM's Excel import tool
See the following help topic(s) for additional information

permanent link
Simona Ciardi (645) | answered Apr 16 '13, 10:44 a.m.

Hi Ara! thanks for your answer! I'm trying just to import requirements into RRC, without testcases and other RQM artifacts! Yes I tried also with the import functionality embedded into RRC but in that case I had to use a csv file to manage excel worksheet, and with a csv I loose my formatting options, instead with the RQM importer tool I can continue to use excel file and preserve format style!

However, I think that examples in the official IBM documentation are tried and tested, so I think that I'm doing some errors! I'll continue to try! :)

permanent link
Celine Granger (1122) | answered Jun 24 '13, 5:36 a.m.
 Hello, I have the same problem, have you find solution? Thanks

permanent link
Simona Ciardi (645) | answered Jun 24 '13, 5:46 a.m.
Hi Celine! No I haven't found a solution, I've tried several times, with several project areas, in another instance of Jazz 4, but I can't create the artifact type I want. The artifact type which is created is random. So I've choosen to use the csv file to import requirement; with it I can choose the artifact type for every requirement.

permanent link
Celine Granger (1122) | answered Jun 24 '13, 6:07 a.m.
Thanks Simona for your answer.

I have a question for Jazz developer, is this a bug or limitation RQM Excel Importer to date.
If this is a bug how can we declare for a correction, if it is a limitation there a fix planned?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.