It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error Message: The source control data is missing parent information

Martin Wassermann (13864144) | asked Apr 16 '13, 2:35 a.m.

I have following problem. The pending changes show some incoming and outgoing events without conflicts. But when I try to accept the change sets from the server I receive following error message:

CRRTC8500E: Server Error: The source control metadata for 'O:/Daten/RTC/MyProject' is missing parent information

Does anybody know how to solve this situation without reloading the repository workspace? What parent information is missing and how can I repair it?

Thanks and regards
Martin

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Apr 16 '13, 4:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Martin,

the error msg states the RTC Client received a server error.
Did you check RTC's ccm.log ?
(locate the client / server time when you received the error)

Please share this information here.
Thanks

Martin Wassermann commented Apr 16 '13, 9:22 a.m. | edited Apr 16 '13, 9:37 a.m.

Hi Eric,

on the ccm log on the server is no TeamRepositoryException. The only exception at this time was

"ERROR com.ibm.team.rtc.common.service - Problems serving sprite image service request"

but I think this has nothing to do with our problem (we have a lot of this Exception in the log)

As a workarround I have unloaded and reloaded the repository Workspace but it's frightening me if there are error messages and I don't have any idea what's going on.

Manuel Felipe Amaya commented Apr 06 '17, 6:13 p.m.

Hi all

The same problem its happening to me, however I can't delete the WS.

Here is the log of the error.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The source control metadata for 'C:/Users/USER/workspace/ReleaseTest' is missing parent information

at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChange.validateTargetParent(LocalChange.java:85)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChange.<init>(LocalChange.java:63)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalAddition.<init>(LocalAddition.java:18)

What should I do?

2 answers

permanent link
Martin Wassermann (13864144) | answered Apr 17 '13, 7:46 a.m.
edited Apr 17 '13, 7:56 a.m.

The same problem happened again. When accepting the change sets from the team stream the TeamRepositoyrException was thrown again. Unload and reload the Sandbox didn't help. Last time the only thing that worked was to create a new Sandbox. I have opened a defect item.

On the ccm.log on the server there was no TeamRepositoryException. Does the Windows Shell Client has a log too and where can I find it?

Thanks and regards

Martin

Comments
Sonia Dimitrov commented Apr 17 '13, 9:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thank you Martin.  Regarding the log, I have asked this question in the workitem.

permanent link
Sonia Dimitrov (27159) | answered Apr 16 '13, 11:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Martin,

I see you created RTC does not recognize that the contents of your sandbox is older than what's in the repository workspace (260856).  Does this work item capture the steps used to arrive at this error?

Comments
Martin Wassermann commented Apr 16 '13, 12:53 p.m.

No, defect 260856 was a complete different issue from another user of my company.

Sonia Dimitrov commented Apr 16 '13, 2:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

From quick code inspection, it appears there are local changes detected for "MyProject", however there is missing information for it's parent folder in the metadata. 

Could you open a work item for this issue with details on your workflow used to arrive at this error please?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.