It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sizing for derby before DB2

Mahari Hill (4861169230) | asked Apr 15 '13, 3:20 p.m.
edited Sep 09 '13, 5:01 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103)
We are doing a POC for our department and partner. We upgraded 4.0.0 to 4.0.2, the department likes the platform and wants to shove all data in to test on this server before going live in a production env, which will have DB2. Is there a limit on what derby can hold? (work items and source code)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jim Ruehlin (79114) | answered Apr 15 '13, 7:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 If you plan to test with more than a half-dozen users working simultaneously, I suggest using DB2. Derby performance might be fine for a small team, but it degrades quickly as you add users. 
Mahari Hill selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 16 '13, 4:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In addition RTC with Derby prevents you to assign more than 10 developer licenses.

One other answer

permanent link
Tory Jaskoviak (52015) | answered Apr 15 '13, 4:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mahari,

Here is a link to the System Requirements, complete with notes about what is supported for each operating system: https://jazz.net/library/article/1109.

I do see under 'IBM Derby SDK 10.8.1.2 and future fix packs' that it is 'For evaluation purposes only - for small teams of 10 users or less'. I think the amount of work items and source code that derby can hold completely depends on the amount of memory allocated to it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.