It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the difference between Jazz and Jazz for Service Management

Mark Chassy (11111) | asked Apr 12 '13, 12:36 p.m.
I was looking for solutions to integrate data from TADDM into Jazz on this forum.
I saw some articles dating back 2010 which talked about integrating RQM and TADDM.
Then I googled TADDM and Jazz and saw that it integrates with IBM Jazz Service Management.
I there a difference between Jazz and Jazz SM. Can I still use TADDM to get data about systems into my lifecycle project?

Thanx for any info

One answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Apr 12 '13, 2:22 p.m.
edited Apr 12 '13, 2:24 p.m.
Hi Mark,

Although this is not my favorite area but as far as I know TADDM, TPM, TRM and Test Lab Manager (CLM component) can be integrated to provide provisioning and deployment capability of resources in a virtual environment like SmartCloud. I haven't much heard about the term Jazz for Service Management but my guess would be that it suggests that you can leverage Jazz to integrate with Tivoli products to perform end to end Service Management of your Test Lab resources.

This article should give you more detailed information and have a lot of references as well.
Hope this helps

Comments
Mark Chassy commented Apr 15 '13, 11:40 a.m.

The server is down where the article is posted, but I will check on it later.

I am not looking for service management of test servers (though that would be a good idea as well).
I am looking for a snapshot of servers and interfaces as artifacts in Jazz so that for example I could map a test case ==> to a release ==> to the server it is deployed on.

Mark Chassy commented Apr 16 '13, 5:33 a.m.

I have read through the article. It is interesting, but not what I'm looking for.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.