It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

consuming external webservices through javascript api under workitem attribute customization

Binoy D'costa (9532537) | asked Apr 12 '13, 12:18 p.m.
Hi,

Is it possible to consume external webservices through a custom "Calculated" javascript api?

I'm trying to see when the script is called for any change in the workitem, I can retrieve values of certain attributes and then make a external webservice call to pass those values to update that external application.

Any information is appreciated!

Thanks,
Binoy

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 12 '13, 12:45 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Binoy, as far as I can tell, the HTTP Filtered Value Set is only available in value sets and not in calculated values. I think I remember trying it and could not call it. For using it in JavaScript value set providers see https://jazz.net/library/article/1093 lab 5.

Comments
Binoy D'costa commented Apr 12 '13, 1:06 p.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I'm not sure I understand clearly your reply though. I have a javascript file that makes an XMLHttpRequest to a Remedy webservice and updates a certain remedy ticket.

I was wondering if I can use this script within the javascript api of RTC. The goal would be to exchange information between RTC and Remedy.
Is it possible to use plain javascript within the api and make calls to external services?

Thanks,
Binoy

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 12 '13, 4:00 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Binoy,

I was talking about https://jazz.net/library/article/1093 lab 5. If you have your own JaavaScript code, I can not tell if it would be working. I would suggest to try.

permanent link
Glen Hartle (111) | answered Jan 14 '14, 2:00 p.m.
Good afternoon, Binoy:

We are integrating RTC/JAZZ with our own Remedy system and would value your experience in doing so.  Is there a way we can communicate directly?

Glen Hartle
NAV CANADA
Ottawa, Canada
glen.hartle@navcanada.ca

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.