It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Monitoring of RQM/ RTC

Bharat Patel (81123943) | asked Apr 11 '13, 2:33 p.m.
Is there any way to Monitor Performance parameter i.e. CPU utilization, Memory allocation etc. in JTS for Rational Quality Manager or RTC?

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered Apr 11 '13, 3:43 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Take a look at my Jazz Performance Guide.  It has guidance on the monitoring and troubleshooting of your Jazz deployment.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Apr 11 '13, 2:53 p.m.
I use a combination of nmon / pGraph to gather overall metrics (AIX) and for Jazz things a perl program that gathers the basics off the "Status Summary" page.  Both of these are put onto our departmental web server.

The JazzMon I have used only marginally, don't quite understand how to get "frequent" stabs of information out of it as I do with the Perl.

Comments
Bharat Patel commented Apr 11 '13, 3:05 p.m.

Hello Kevin,

It seems you have written Inhouse program in perl to monitor CLM application.

or if it is available for public then can you please share from where i can download.

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Apr 11 '13, 2:42 p.m.
Hi Bharat,

Knowing your server is highly recommended and I would recommend you to look at JazzMon

Comments
Bharat Patel commented Apr 11 '13, 3:02 p.m.

Hello Indradri, Can you please let me know where can i download JazzMon? I hope my understanding is correct that we can not monitor any performace parameter of CLM application on JTS. Could you please confirm

Indradri Basu commented Apr 11 '13, 3:24 p.m. | edited Apr 11 '13, 3:45 p.m.

From Eclipse client, go to Windows > Preferences > Team > Jazz Source Control page and you will see Metronome which you need to enable first. Then, from the status bar you should be able to launch the metronome tool.

Another way to keep an eye on the network related performance from the web UI  is to use the Performance Health Check widget which you can just add to your personal dashboard.
  Performance Health Check widget

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.