It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sorting work items in view layout

Caroline Smith (4611923) | asked Apr 10 '13, 10:42 a.m.
edited Apr 10 '13, 10:48 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
 My team have asked me how they can sort their work items in the backlog.  When I create a new View I get the options to sort by creation date, estimate, planned time, priority, ranking or user defined.  I want to be able to sort by a custom attribute.  I am not sure what User Defined does.  Even if the users could just click on a column heading to sort but there are no column headings in my RTC view.

I am using RTC 3.0.1

One answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Apr 10 '13, 10:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Open Project Area in Eclipse Client > Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Planning > Plan Attributes > Attribute Mapping > Add > add the custom attribute

Open the Plan in Web Client > Edit View > Column Display > Custom attribute is now shown up > Add > Ok > Save

Now in the plan will have the custom attribute as a heading and you can click on it for sorting.

Comments
Caroline Smith commented Apr 10 '13, 11:02 a.m.

Thanks for the reply.  I have added it to the attribute mapping but I cant find Edit View on the web client.  I never use the web client, sorry that it is such a stupid question!

Dinesh Kumar B commented Apr 10 '13, 11:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Edit Plan View on Web Client

Caroline Smith commented Apr 11 '13, 4:25 a.m.

This doesn't actually solve my problem.  Again I am using the eclipse client, I have the correct columns displaying but I there is no header to click to sort by column like in the web client.  

Also when I try to set up a new view I can only sort by a limited amount of items and user defined doesn't seem to do anything. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.