It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CQ Connector - Outgoing CQ Record Creation Not Working

Peter Cahill (311108) | asked Nov 26 '08, 9:40 p.m.
Hi,

I have successfully enabled incoming sync between our current production CQ database and Jazz (RTC)....everything is fine as long as CQ record is first created and then sync'ed into RTC - incoming/outgoing synchronization is fine as long as this is the case.

However, when I create a Work Item in RTC and expect that Work Item to be created as a Record in CQ, I am running into problems, specifically that RTC is not selecting the correct Record ID in CQ during the outgoing sync attempt. Each time I create a new Work Item, RTC simply attempts to modify an existing CQ record (e.g 'Work Item #40' is attempting to edit 'CQ Record DBNAME000040' instead of creating the next logical CQ record number) and I end up with a conflict between the new data and the original data in the existing (and different) CQ record.

In my property mapping for my work item sync rule, I have Id (item type) mapped to id (external type), with the external identifier flag set. In/Out is also selected.

Could somebody please point me in the direction of where I'm going wrong? Is this even possible? The help documentation says "The creation and modification changes also flow from work items to ClearQuest records. " so I presume it is.............I had intended to somewhat integrate our testing and development function using RQM and RTC based on this premise and now I'm at a loss.

Any help/suggestions would be much obliged and appreciated.

Peter............

3 answers

permanent link
Bernard Dupre (2687) | answered Nov 28 '08, 4:30 p.m.
OK, forget my reply. It's too late . Bernard.
Hi,

I have successfully enabled incoming sync between our current production CQ database and Jazz (RTC)....everything is fine as long as CQ record is first created and then sync'ed into RTC - incoming/outgoing synchronization is fine as long as this is the case.

However, when I create a Work Item in RTC and expect that Work Item to be created as a Record in CQ, I am running into problems, specifically that RTC is not selecting the correct Record ID in CQ during the outgoing sync attempt. Each time I create a new Work Item, RTC simply attempts to modify an existing CQ record (e.g 'Work Item #40' is attempting to edit 'CQ Record DBNAME000040' instead of creating the next logical CQ record number) and I end up with a conflict between the new data and the original data in the existing (and different) CQ record.

In my property mapping for my work item sync rule, I have Id (item type) mapped to id (external type), with the external identifier flag set. In/Out is also selected.

Could somebody please point me in the direction of where I'm going wrong? Is this even possible? The help documentation says "The creation and modification changes also flow from work items to ClearQuest records. " so I presume it is.............I had intended to somewhat integrate our testing and development function using RQM and RTC based on this premise and now I'm at a loss.

Peter............

permanent link
Bernard Dupre (2687) | answered Nov 28 '08, 4:26 p.m.
Hi Peter,

I spent some hours on this topic. The CQ_Connector package is provided with some sample sync rules you can import from the sync rule view as an example.
Don't map ID on ID !
You need to create a cqid attribute in the jazz schema and jazzid attribute in the cq schema. And map the CQ primary key (you must specify it in the rule) on jazzid and jazz primary key on cqid. The sample rule defect does it.
The sync status view is helpful to analyze issues.
Hope this help
Good luck
Bernard

Hi,

Peter............

permanent link
Peter Cahill (311108) | answered Nov 27 '08, 5:16 a.m.
Never mind........looked at the sample........maybe if it wasn't 3am I might have thought of that sooner :D

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.