It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC eclipse Client 4.0.2

Manoj Panda (39336662) | asked Apr 09 '13, 10:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Newly installed CLM 4.0.2 on on 64 bit windows machine. Whenever i try to see some default reports in JKE Banking>reports>reports resource,  my RTC Client gets close aotomatically with follwoing error message which is attached here.

Any idea why??

3 answers

permanent link
Manoj Panda (39336662) | answered Apr 14 '13, 7:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have upgraded from IE8 to IE 9. Now my one of the issue got resolved with IE9. I am able to run th report within eclipse client which was crashing before after  i have done the following changes.

but while closing eclipse client, i am still getting the error screen " return with error code 8096" . Anyway this is not bothering me much.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 10 '13, 4:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Eclipse client opens an internal browser by default. Consider checking Window>Preferences>General>Web Browser and set it to External Browser and select the one you prefer.

Comments
Manoj Panda commented Apr 10 '13, 4:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ralph,
 your solution also does not work for me. do you think this could be potential defect in 4.0.2. I have not observed the same in all previous version of RTC.

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 10 '13, 4:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I took the time to search for "Java returned exit code 8096" in https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert and found defect 208677 please try there if there is a solution. Otherwise go ahead and create a new defect.

Alex Akilov commented Jan 08 '14, 2:31 p.m.

I added a comment in defect 208677.  It appears that in my case the issue was the bundled JDK (6.0) that came with the RTC client  (I installed v4.0.5 based on Eclipse 4.2).  Replacing the JDK with the 7.0 version cleared up my issue.

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered Apr 10 '13, 1:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21303648 has some solution for this.
The problem is with the direct draw drivers. There is a work around mentioned there as well, You can try that.

Comments
Manoj Panda commented Apr 10 '13, 4:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Aradhya,
  I am not using RAD. I am using Firefox 17.0.5 and IE8

Aradhya K commented Apr 10 '13, 5:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The solution I mentioned in the developer works is for Eclipse.in general more than RAD. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.