It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Use Rational Insight to view requiremenst from RRC with Folder information

Nathaniel Winkler (311) | asked Apr 08 '13, 4:14 p.m.

I am trying to build an Insight report which shows me the the requiremensts from RRC and the folder name that the requirement is located.  The folder is one or more levels below the project area. 

The report would look like this

Project Area | Folder | Requirement Name | Reference ID

I have reviewed the data dictionary in the IBM documentation and this is not defined there.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Apr 08 '13, 6:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Nathaniel,

Exposing this field will require customization.  The folder is not exposed by default, but it is available through RM's REST API.  You will need to start by modifying the "Resource" data mapping template in your XDC configuration to include the parent folder (/ds:location/ds:parentFolder/rrm:title).

Once exposed through the XDC configuration, you need to modify the RRC ETL to 1)  Query for this new attribute, 2)  Deliver the new attribute to the DW (which will require you to add a "ParentFolder" (or something similar) column to the RIODS.REQUIREMENT table).

Once that is done, you'll need to expose your new data in the Framework Manager data DW model so that it can actually be used in a report.  Hope it helps,
Nathaniel Winkler selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Bruce Korn (1912) | answered Apr 10 '13, 1:56 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
btw..a link to information about RM's REST API can be found here:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m2/topic/com.ibm.jazz.reports.doc/topics/rm_r_rest_api.html

Bruce

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.