It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

list workitem and files changed

Angelo Corna (26148381) | asked Apr 05 '13, 11:45 a.m.
I need a method (report, query other) in order to show a list of workitems and all the file changes made against these work item. How can do it?

Thanks in advance.
Bye.

2 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Apr 13 '13, 11:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Another option is the generateChangeLog Ant task, which can generate a change log (including associated work items) between two builds, or between a build and the last completed build, or between two snapshots.

Comments
Nick Edgar commented Apr 13 '13, 11:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can also compare two build or snapshots in the Eclipse UI, then use the Save Change Log item (in the changes view's triangle menu).

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered Apr 11 '13, 4:50 p.m.
You can create a query for the type of work item you are interested in, defect for example.  Add a condition for "Change Set" Links exist, you may need to select the radio button for show links to see the change sets option.  This query will show all the work items that have change sets associated with them.  In order to see the files you would need to open the change sets though.

Comments
Mathieu Defianas commented Apr 12 '13, 5:42 a.m.

So if I understand, it's impossible to have a report, a list, a query result or an export of the modified files for a change list (defect or tasks for exemple)

This functionnality is very important for exemple to create a release notes. From a list of defect delived in a baseline for example, it should be very interesting to have the impacted files.

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 12 '13, 5:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Mathieu, I am pretty sure you can use the SCM command line tools to get this list especially comparing baselines and snapshots.

The question is rather, is there a similar mechanism if you start just with work items. I am pretty sure you can do something using the Plain Java Client Libraries, I am not sure there is a built in capability that results in a file.

Mathieu Defianas commented Apr 12 '13, 5:59 a.m.

Ralph,
Thanks for your response.
I am going to analyse the possibility to obtain my list with a Java code.
However, I think it's a very interesting enhancement for RTC.

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 12 '13, 6:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think you can compare baselines and snapshots in the UI. I am just not sure you get a list you can save. I also said Java Code would likely be necessary if you have a bunch of work items and want a list of file changes. If you have two baselines, I think you can just run a set of SCM commandline calls to get your list.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.