It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Question on Query Results

Johnson David (2611416) | asked Apr 04 '13, 8:26 a.m.

Hello,

I want my RTC query to display work items column like Parent ID,Parent Summary,Parent Blockers along with the work item ID

I don't see these columns in Result Layout section of create query editor

Please suggest a solution!!

Thanks..Johnson

3 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Apr 04 '13, 8:49 a.m.
Hello Johnson,
It seems to be possible in web in Eclipse client. Look at this: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=87318

You must only add "parent" column to result columns in result layout.

Let me know if it helps for you.
Best regards,
Krzysztof Kazmierczyk

Comments
Johnson David commented Apr 08 '13, 1:50 p.m.

Hello Krzysztof,

Saw the report in the link, but Is it possible in RTC for displaying columns like parent,parent summary and parent blockers info in result sets of a query directly ?

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Apr 04 '13, 9:15 a.m.

This is a big hole in the functionality of RTC Web-UI. I asked many times for this in forum, enhancement requests, Innovate or Voice.

It's absolutly not understandable why you can write an expression an use there fields, but the same fields can not be displayed nor sorted on.

See also:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=208966

Maybe you can also request there. But I do not know where the threshhold is, so IBM is implementing it.

Comments
Johnson David commented Apr 08 '13, 2:07 p.m.

Hell Guido,

Thanks for the response, so its not possible to display parent id,
parent summary etc columns in a query results at all using RTC ? How about
using eclipse RTC client ? If this is the case, i believe this can be
only acheived using BIRT reports ?

Thanks..Johnson

permanent link
Anurag Chaudhury (7112) | answered Apr 08 '13, 9:09 p.m.
 I believe that in the Column Display you can add the Parent option which will let you view the Parent ID and summary but there is no apparent way of getting the parent blockers and more details on the parent work items themselves in the RTC ui.

Comments
Johnson David commented Apr 09 '13, 7:55 a.m.

Hello Anurag,

Thanks for the response. Can you please guide me on how to get Parent option displayed in the columns section ? As this is urgent, would be great if you can answer the question as soons as possible.

Thanks you so much!!

Anurag Chaudhury commented Apr 09 '13, 10:01 a.m.

Hi Johnson. In the New Query window, there are 3 tabs - Conditions,Details,Column Display.

If you select Column Display you see 2 lists - Result columns and Sort order. At the bottom of the Result columns list there is an Add Column button. If you select that, you should get a dialog box from which you can select Parent. Doing this, will display the parent column in the query results. 

Johnson David commented Apr 12 '13, 6:54 a.m.

Hello Anurag,

Which client are you using ? web client or eclipse client ?

I don't see this option in eclispe client version 3.0 ?

Thanks..Johnson

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.